Monday, July 7, 2008

Response to questions

I was going to respond in the comments section but there's some information in here that my folks might want to read. If you want to read the questions these answers come from click on the comments section from the previous post.

In response to mid-day.milly:

There are no wenches

...yet.

Mark:

You are right. I get paid way too much for an easy job. Please don't tell my employer.

Seth:

When i'm done with samples i put them in the RSW tanks (refrigerated salt water) which are basically man holes in the deck

I post this when i come back from sea once a week. The dates are a lie. I just put the date i wrote them at sea. I didn't post it till later on though.

I'm usually on the boat for about a week at a time. This could change though if i get on a new boat.

Tubes?

We do cook. The stove has this stort of bar system that act like big coasters for pans and stuff. We cook all our meals though while at sea and the food is actually really good (on this boat).

You're actually right about the fire thing. That's the most hazardous occurrence on a boat and something you're far more likely to run in to versus sinking. Of course one could lead to the other.

And it's funny, while we're on the subject, this past week we actually had a fire scare. One of the leads on either the circuit breaker or the compressor got really hot so hot that it was smoking and they were having to check it every thirty minutes to make sure it wasn't on fire. So that made for a fun boat ride back. I slept through most of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why are you calling me out in a brand new paragraph?

Just kidding, sounds like you're enjoying yourself out there. I'm still waiting for the post on how the fishermen have hazed you on board the boat.