I wrote a drabble for submission to a podcast that you all should check out if you haven't already.
http://web.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html
A drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words long. I wrote mine today thinking about walking out of the gate of the North Terminal of the Anchorage airport.
Mistaken Identity
The polar bear was serene, fierce, but most importantly it was dead. The stuffed bears were located throughout the interior and exterior of the Anchorage airport. It was the first thing I saw when I stepped off the plane and through the gate. I continued to walk around the terminal intrigued by the various poses they were in. I walked outside to see a bear fixed near the tree line. It stood tall with a curious look on its face as I reached to feel its muzzle, which right before its jaws closed around my hand, I realized was warm.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice story.
dribble drabble
Post a Comment