Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Apartment (and my address)

So after sleeping a few hours in the terminal I woke up and decided to find my way to the apartments. I took a taxi to my apartment on the way there I got to see Mt. McKinley which guards the city in the distance. I had been really nervous and scared the night before about what I'm getting into but seeing the mountains for some reason really comforted me. I was met with a sort of childlike jubilation at the realization that I was in Alaska, something that hadn't occurred to me.
I got to my apartment at about 7:30 in the morning and arrived to an unlocked door. I walked in with no idea what to expect. To my left was a small kitchen about the size of the 5x10 storage facility I put my stuff in before coming. There's a wide open living room and then 2 bedrooms and a bathroom. I have 2 bedrooms and 6 other roommates. And now we're going to denny's so I gotta run.


My address
Patrick Morales
C/O Saltwater Offices
733 N St.
Anchorage, AK 99501

Take Care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

please write as much as you can. it makes me feel like i'm there with you.

Andrea said...

You must grow a very large beard while you are gone.

Anonymous said...

I just might send you something...